You don’t have to be a professional photographer to spruce up a normal iPhone photo. There are many apps out there for amateurs who are just looking to enhance and color correct a photo. There’s a lot of apps out there to choose from but check out these top 6 best photo editing apps that you can download to your iPhone straight from the App Store.
Looking for that artsy vintage feel to your photos? This is the one for you. Hipsters around the world are using VSCO, and you should too.
- One-tap filter presets that create classic film looks
- Adjustable filter strength
- 130+ filters available with annual subscription
- Tools for cropping, exposure, color and sharpness
- Built in camera app
- Free! Unless you want added extra filters for an annual subscription.
VSCO creates beautifully subtle edits to even the simplest photos. All of their features are precisely adjustable to your taste.
This app is best for precise control over color and exposure. If you’re looking to fine-tune your photos into beautiful masterpieces, this may be the app for you.
- Large range of editing tools, easy use
- Exposure, color and sharpening adjustment
- Crop, rotate, straighten and perspective correction
- Brush tool
- Many different filters to choose from
- Lens blur and vignette
- Frames and text on photos
This is one of the most pop oust iPhone editing apps. It’s users find it easy to use, despite being powerful. Beginners and experiences iPhone photographers can benefit from this app. No extra in-app purchases to pay for – try it out!
For those creatives out there, Afterlight 2 is fantastic to get those old film light leaks that you’re looking for.
- Exposure, color and sharpening adjustments
- Advanced tools such as curves, selective color, gradients, and blend modes
- Dust and light leak overlays
- Free filter packs by well-known mobile photographers
- Double exposure for blending images
- Text and artworks overlays
- Price is $2.99
This is a fun and creative way to edit your photos. Although it’s not free like our other options, it’s only a one time payment and there aren’t any in-app purchases or subscriptions. It’s even updated with new free content every month.
Adobe Photoshop express
This app takes Photoshops best editing tools and squeezes them into a mobile app.
There are many advanced features to the app but this mobile app makes it easy to edit any photo. It has everything you’d expect:
- Red-eye correction
- Brightness, exposure, color, contrast adjustment
- Borders and text on photos
- Smart filters that automatically correct common issues such as color temperature and exposure problems
- Free if you sign up for Adobe ID account
If you’re familiar with photoshop, this might be a great quick editing app to adjust your photos on. Even if you’re not familiar with Photoshop, Adobe mobile app makes it easy.
Whether you’re an experienced photographer or you’re looking to edit your photos to make the perfect theme for your instagram account, these 4 apps can get the job done, beautifully. Not to mention, they are free or extremely cheap… can’t beat that!